French translation services for Visa applicants


While applying for a visa you generally have to attach many supportive documents such as personal, financial or education certificates. If any of these documents are in French language, then you will most probably need a translated version of that document. We provide excellent French translation services for Visa related documents. We translate from French into every major language of the world and vice versa.

When will you need a UK Visa


If you are visiting the United Kingdom and are citizen of a French speaking country like, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Madagascar, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal, Chad, Guinea, Rwanda, Burundi, Benin, Togo, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Comoros or Seychelles, (where French is an official language) you will most probably need a UK visa. However you won't need a UK visa if you are citizen of a country that is exempted from needing a UK Visa.


There are different types of UK Visas and the purpose of your visit will determine the type of Visa you will require. Please keep in mind that the Government of United Kingdom has very stringent visa laws. So once you have planned to visit the UK, its best to plan ahead and obtain the right type of Visa before making any travel bookings.

cote dIvoire-visa-translation

Along with your Visa application you will have to submit many supportive documents. It is very much possible that these documents were originally written in the French language if they were made in any of these countries: France, Monaco, Luxembourg, Canada, Monaco, Vanuatu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Madagascar, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal, Chad, Guinea, Rwanda, Burundi, Benin, Togo, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Comoros or Seychelles.

Certified Translation of supporting documents while applying for a UK Visa


According to the Government of United kingdom, all supportive documents should be originally written in either English or Welsh languages. If they are written in any other language such as French, then they must be accompanied by a full English or Welsh translation, which can be independently verified by the Home Office. Further as specified by the Government of UK, all such translation documents should be proper certified translations.

What is a certified translation?


To certify and translate a document that is not written in English or Welsh, the translation company should confirm in writing on the translation:

  1. That it’s a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’,
  2. The date of the translation, and
  3. The full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company.

Are you looking for certified translation services?


We are a leading translation agency in London that provides fully certified translation services that are fit for all purposes. We also translate document online. To calculate the cost and get your document translated online, please visit our translation services price calculator.

Different types of UK Visas


    1. Standard Visitor visa
    2. Permitted Paid Engagement visa
    3. Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and sporting) visa
    4. Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange) visa
    5. Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Charity Worker) visa


    1. Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Religious Worker) visa
    2. Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa
    3. Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa
    4. Tier 2 (General) visa
    5. Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) visa
    6. Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa

democratic republic of the congo-visa-translation

    1. Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa
    2. Tier 1 (Investor) visa
    3. Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
    4. Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa
    5. Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa
    6. UK Ancestry visa
    7. Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa
    8. Representative of an Overseas Business visa
    9. Short-term study visa


    1. Tier 4 (General) student visa
    2. Tier 4 (Child) student visa
    3. Direct Airside Transit visa
    4. Visitor in Transit visa
    5. ‘Family of a settled person’ visa
    6. EEA family permit
    7. Marriage Visitor visa


  1. Parent of a Tier 4 child visa
  2. Exempt vignette
  3. UK visa for diplomat's dependant

List of supportive documents to be submitted along with your Visa application


There are many supportive documents that have to be provided along with your UK Visa application. Some documents are compulsory while others are not. List of important documents that are often attached to most successful visa applications include documents such as:


    1. Valid travel document (national passport or other document that allows the holder to travel internationally)
    2. Previous travel documents/passports, which show previous travel.
    3. Financial documents showing that you have sufficient funds available. These must clearly show that you have access to the funds, such as:
      1. bank statements
      2. building society book
      3. proof of earnings such as a letter from employer confirming employment details (start date of employment, salary, role, company contact details)
      4. where a third party (who is either in the UK or who will be legally in the UK at the time of your visit) is providing financial support to you e.g. a business, a friend or a relative, documents to show they have sufficient resources to support you in addition to themselves and any dependant family should be provided


    1. Confirmation of legal residence, if you are not a national of the country in which you are applying or your right to reside there is not included in your passport.
    2. Details of employment or studies where you have stated in your application that you are either employed or in full-time studies. This could include:
      1. a letter from your employer on company headed paper, detailing your role, salary and length of employment
      2. a letter from your education provider, on headed paper, confirming your enrolment and leave of absence. Get your education documents translated by the best translation company in UK.
    3. If self employed: business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading.
    4. Business activities – where you are coming to the UK in order to undertake activities relating to your occupation/employment outside the UK you should submit documents showing what you will be doing in the UK, including any letters from inviting organisations. For example:

equatorial guinea-visa-translation

      1. Any business activities, e.g. letter from your employer outlining the reason for your visit, who you will be meeting and details of any payment/expenses
      2. For performances and entertainment visitors, whether you work in this area as a professional or amateur , and what and where you will be performing
    1. If you are under 18 years it is strongly recommended that you submit the following information as otherwise it may delay consideration of your application:
      1. a Birth Certificate or legal document (such as adoption papers) showing the relationship between you and your parent or guardian. If the concerned document is in French, then please ensure that you are attaching a proper certified legal translation as well.

republic of the congo-visa-translation

  1. If travelling unaccompanied or with someone other than your parent(s) you should provide:
    1. A signed letter from your parent(s) confirming details of anyone accompanying you, and details of care and accommodation arranged in the UK
    2. A copy of your parent(s) or legal guardian’s biographical page of their passport, which includes their signature and passport number if your parent(s) do not have a passport then you must provide another official document which bears their signature

burkina faso-visa-translation

If any of these documents were originally written in the French language, you will need a proper certified English or Welsh translation of such documents. We have years of experience providing certified translation services in UK for all kinds of Visa applications.

Documents you should not send unless specifically requested


  1. if you are applying as a family/group you do not need to provide multiple copies of the same documents
  2. bank statements or letters issued more than 1 year before the date of application
  3. driving licence
  4. notarial certificates
  5. business cards
  6. hotel bookings
  7. flight bookings
  8. photocopies of bank cards
  9. credit card statements
  10. certificates relating to leisure activities
  11. evidence of car ownership
  12. travel insurance
  13. sponsor’s utility bills
  14. sponsor’s council tax bills

French language and French translation services we provide

central african republic-visa-translation

French Language distribution

French is a widely used language of the world. It is spoken by more than 62 million people in France, 33 million people in Congo, 11 million people in Germany, 11 million people in Algeria, 10 million people in Morocco, 10 million people in the United Kingdom, 10 million people in Canada, 9 million people in Italy, 9 million people in Cameroon, 8 million people in Belgium, 7 million people in Cote d'lvoire, 6 million people in Tunisia, 5 million people in Switzerland, 5 million people in Spain, 4 million people in Madagascar, 4 million people in Haiti, 4 million people in Senegal, 3 million people in Burkino Faso, 3 million people in Benin, 3 million people in Netherlands, 2 million people in Guinea, 2 million people in Egypt, 2 million people in Togo, 2 million people in Mali, 2 million people in Congo-Brazzaville, 2 million people in Niger, 2 million people in Portugal, 2 million people in USA, 1 million people in Lebanon, 1 million people in Romania, 1 million people in Chad, 1 million people in Central African Republic, 1 million people in Sweden, 1 million people in Gabon, 1 million people in Poland, and a language spoken by more than 0.5 million people in many other countries such as Austria, Mauritius, Burundi, Greece, Rwanda, Vietnam, Ireland, Thailand, Mauritania, Luxembourg and Finland.

French translation services


We are one of the best translation companies and a leading translation agency in London. Our highly qualified team of certified translators provides a wide range of professional French translation services, which includes:

  1. Document translation services
  2. Interpreting services
  3. Simultaneous Interpreting services
  4. Legal Translation Services
  5. Subtitling Services
  6. Technical Translation Services
  7. Website Translation Services

Countries exempted from needing a UK Visa

If you have a valid passport or a national identity card issued by a member country of the European Single Market, you won't need a UK Visa to visit the United Kingdom. Such passport or national identity card must be valid for the whole of your stay. European Single Market is a single market that seeks to guarantee the free movement of people in its member countries.

Member countries of the European Single Market include European Union (EU) member countries, which are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) member countries, which includes the above mentioned EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, and one more country, the Switzerland. It should be noted that there has been no change to the rights and status of EU nationals in the UK, and UK nationals in the EU, as a result of the referendum.

speach bubbles image
Scroll to Top