TERMS & CONDITIONS 1. Definitions 1.1. "Company" refers to Universal Language Solutions Ltd T/A Certified Translation Services (registered address Provident House, Burrell Row, Beckenham, Greater London BR3 1AT). 1.2. "Services" are translation, interpreting or any other services that are provided by the Company. 1.3. "Client" is the party instructing the Company to provide the Services.
2. Fees 2.1 Translation 2.1.1. The Company normally quotes translation fees per 1,000 words of source text. If the calculation of the source word count is not possible, the Company will quote fees per 1,000 words of the target text or a rate per unit/page. 2.1.2. Translations provided by the Company are subject to a minimum charge if the text contains 400 words or less. 2.1.3. If the Client requires a document to be sworn before a Solicitor or a Notary, the Company will provide a quotation for the fees for such services upon request.
2.2. Interpreting 2.2.1. The Company provides the Services of an interpreter either for half a day as a minimum (3 hours or less) or for a full day (up to 7 hours door-to-door, including travelling, waiting and attendance). 2.2.2. If an interpreting assignment exceeds the time for which an interpreter has been booked, the Company will charge the Client an additional fee to be agreed for each additional hour. 2.2.3. Interpreting services provided on Saturday will incur a surcharge of 25%. Interpreting services provided on Sunday or on a Public Holiday will incur a surcharge of 50%. 2.2.4. The Company will charge the Client for travel expenses incurred on public transport (against appropriate receipts). In case an interpreter travels by his/her own vehicle, travel expenses will be charged at the mileage rate of 37-45p per mile door-to-door.
3. Payments 3.1. Payments shall be made by the Client within the agreed payment terms following on from the date of invoice. One-off requests, first-time clients and private individuals requiring certified translation services will normally be asked to make payment before services are rendered.
3.2. The Company reserves the right to charge a fixed late payment fee calculated at 10% of the value of the invoice(s), after the due date of the invoice(s) has been reached. The revised invoice total will be subject to a further interest charge of 1% above the Barclays Bank base rate. If the full amount of the invoice, including the late payment fee and interest, has not reached our account thirty (30) calendar days after the invoice due date the debt will be passed to Daniels Silverman Ltd to recover the full amount due on its behalf. Please note that Daniels Silverman Ltd will issue their own charge to the Client for this service.
4. Cancellation 4.1. Translation 4.1.1. The Client may cancel a translation assignment in writing before the translator starts the job at no charge. If translation work has been initiated by the Company, fees will be paid in full unless prior agreement between the Company and the Client states otherwise. Where payments for Certified Translations have been made in advance, an admin fee of £25.00 will be applied upon refund even where the translation has not been initiated. 4.1.2. If the Client cancels a translation assignment after the translator begins the job, the Company will charge the Client for the number of words translated up to that time (at the agreed rate).
4.2. Interpreting 4.2.1. The Client may cancel an interpreting assignment in writing with two or more clear working days’ notice at no charge. 4.2.2. If the Client cancels an interpreting assignment with less than two clear working days’ notice, the Company will charge the Client for the full fees on the basis of the original booking.
5. Obligations 5.1. The Company will endeavour to ensure that it provides the Client with an adequately qualified translator/interpreter for the Services required. If a translation that the Company provides does not meet the Client’s satisfaction, the Company will assess the queries, and, if deemed necessary, have the translated material revised/proofread at no extra cost to the client. This, however, does not cover: a) Preferential changes; b) Very minor error such as minimal typos and omissions that do not affect the sense of the translated text, unless the Client has commissioned proofreading services from the Company. 5.2. The Client will endeavour to ensure that he/she provides the Company with full and accurate information regarding the Services required (e.g., purpose, time, place etc.). 5.3 The Client will endeavour to ensure that he/she allows reasonable time for translation and postage of documents. Universal Language Solutions waives any responsibility/liability with regard to delays in bureaucratic procedures on the client’s part, where reasonable time has not been allowed for the rendition of translation services and the delivery whereof.
6. Confidentiality 6.1. Both the Company and the Client will take reasonable precautions to ensure that all confidential information, either oral or written, remains confidential.
7. Non-Solicitation 7.1. During the provision of the Services or for a period of three months thereafter, the Client shall not solicit translators/interpreters who have been engaged in the provision of the Services.
8. Jurisdiction 8.1. These Terms and Conditions and any contracts between the Company and the Client shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.